Data Controller and Contact
Protect Our Winters Finland Association
Tanhuantie 6 C 21
00940 Helsinki, Finland
Person who maintain register:
Chair Man of Protect Our Winters Finland
+358 5866 422
The purpose and usage of personal data
We use your personal data for administering and managing the Save snow play -campaign. The campaign aims to get traditional snow play to be recognized as UNESCO intangible world heritage. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) maintains the list of Intangible world heritage. In this campaign we aim to collect 20 000 names to the petition and deliver it to the government of Finland, who can promote the addition of snow play on to UNESCO’s List of Intangible world heritage. The relevance of the Intangible world heritage List is to raise the awareness of climate change as a global phenomenon impacting all people.
We are processing your personal data based on your voluntary permission to take part Save snow play -campaign.
Description of personal data
We collect the following personal data from you:
– First name and last name
– Home country
Participating in the Save snow play -campaign requires that you give information of your name and home country. If you decide not to give the previous data to us, your signature cannot be included to the petition which we will deliver to the government of Finland.
Regular Sources of information
We collect personal data directly from petitioner while they are filling in the petition form.
Protection of personal data and security
Your personal data is protected from outside access and we are supervising the use of your personal data. The use of the website and publishing system is SSL protected. The data is stored on servers located in the EU and managed by an external service provider. The technical and organizational measures required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) have been taken to protect and maintain the security of the servers. We have done data processing contract (DPA), required by European Data Protecting Regulation protection with the external service providers.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Your personal data is shared with third parties solely for the purposes of promoting the aims of the Save snow play -campaign, for example, in delivering the petition to the government of Finland. Protect Our Winters Finland may outsource the processing of your personal data to their external IT-service partners.
Transfer of personal data outside the European union or the European Economic Area
We are not transfering your data outside of EU or European Economic Area.
The period of time your personal data will be stored by us
We retain personal information about you as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes of the campaign and implement activities related to the campaign. The data will be deleted once the Save snow play -campaign is over.
Cookies and information related to cookies
Read more: www.aboutcookies.org, Google Analytics privacy overview, Opt out of Google Analytics tracking
Your rights regarding your personal data
Once your information is in our register, you will have the right to:
1. get access to and review your personal data
– The data controller has the right to complete, correct or remove inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal information, of your or their own iniative without any cost.
-You can send a request to correct or review your data to Protect Our Winters Finland ry
2. ask to have your data removed from the register and to request a restriction to processing your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679.
– If you want to remove your data from the register and/or restrict the processing of your data, you need send a request to Protect Our Winters Finland ry. The association can ask you to refine your request in written and verify your identity before processing your request.
-Protect Our Winters Finland ry has the right to refuse to process your request in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679.
3. lodge a complaint regarding the processing of personal data with a supervisory authority.
4. When Protect Our Winters Finland deliver the petition to the government of Finland, the register owner will change and it may cause that you are unable to ask complete, correct or remove your personal data.